Take the following steps to enter a GST/HST remittance check:
- Click Data Entry and select General Bank, then Cheque to open the General Cheque window.
- Enter Receiver General in the To box.
- Enter the check date in the Date box.
- Enter the Running Balance from the Payment Enclosed (115) row of the GST/HST Journal in the Amount box.
NOTE: Refer to Finding the GST/HST Amount to Remit for more information on the amount of GST/HST to remit.
- Select Z from the Pay GST/HST drop-down.
- Enter an explanation in the Explanation box.
- Click OK to open the Remittance Date window.
- Enter the remittance period end date in the Remittance for Period Ending box.
- Click OK.