Write Off Unbilled Charges at Billing
Take the following steps to write off (reverse) unbilled charges at billing:
- Click Billing and select Bill... to open the Bill Selections window.
- Enter a matter number in the Matter box or leave it blank to create a bill for all matters.
- Enter a client number in the Client box or leave it blank to create a bill for all clients.
NOTE: The Client box grays out if you select a matter in step 2.
- Enter a lawyer number in the Lawyer box or leave it blank to create a bill for all lawyers.
- Enter a date in the Bill from box to include items entered on or after that date.
- Enter a date in the Bill to box to include items entered on or before that date.
NOTE: Enter 1/1/1982 in the Bill from box and 12/31/2199 in the Bill to box to bill for all dates.
- Select a template from the Template drop-down list or leave it blank to use the default template.
- Enter the date of the bill in the A/R Date box.
- Enter a new invoice number in the Invoice box or use the default number provided.
- Click to check Include Held Charges to include fees and disbursements with a Hold status.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click to check mark Select Charges.
- Use the Matter, Fees, Disbs, Rcpts, Trust, and Options tabs to select additional billing options.
- Select Output options.
- Click OK to open the Charge Selection window.
- Click to check mark each charge you want to write off.
- Click Write Off to open the Reverse Unbilled Charges window.
- Select one of the following options if your charges include disbursements:
- Reverse Unbilled Disbursements to Original G/L Accounts - credits the original general ledger account
- Reverse All Unbilled Disbursements to G/L Account - credits a designated general ledger account for all write offs
- Reverse Unbilled Disbursements to Specific G/L Accounts - credits a separate general ledger accounts for each disbursement
- Click OK to write off charges and return to the Charge Selection window.
- Click to check mark each charge you want to include on the bill.
- Click OK to open the Billing Information window.
NOTE: Click OK if you receive the Accept or Change the Billed amounts, or press Cancel on the Billing screen to exit from Billing message.
- Click OK on the Billing Information window to generate the bill.
NOTE: Click Load Last to load the bill selections as they appear on the last billing.