Downloading and Installing Microsoft Hotfix KB976477
Take the following steps to download and install Microsoft Hotfix KB976477:
- Open your internet browser and go to http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=976477&kbln=en-us.
- Click I Accept to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click to check mark the 2007 Microsoft Office System box.
- Enter your email address in the E-mail: and Confirm e-mail: fields.
- Enter the security code in the Type the characters: field.
- Click the Request hotfix button.
- Locate and open the email you receive from email@example.com.
- Click the link at the bottom of the email and save the 397965_intl_i386_zip.exe file to your Windows Desktop.
NOTE: The link is on the right-hand side of Location: under the Package: section.
- Copy the password at the bottom of the email.
- Double-click the 397965_intl_i386_zip.exe file on your Windows Desktop.
- Click Run on the Open File - Security Warning window.
- Click Continue on the Microsoft Self-Extractor window.
- Click the button and select Desktop, and then Ok.
- Paste the password from step 9 in the field under the A password is required for file: prompt and click Ok.
- Click Ok on the All files have been successfully unzipped prompt.
- Double-click on the office-kb976477-fullfile-x86-glb.exe file on your Windows Desktop to open the Hotfix for Office (KB976477) window.
- Click to check mark the Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms checkbox and click Continue.
NOTE: The message Running update detection, please wait appears after you click Continue.
- Click Next and Finish to complete the update.
NOTE: You may need to reboot your computer at the end of the update process.