Downloading and Installing Microsoft Hotfix KB976477
Take the following steps to download and install Microsoft Hotfix KB976477:
- Open your internet browser and go to http://support.microsoft.com.
- Locate article ID 976477 with article title Description of the 2007 Office system hotfix package (Mso-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009.
- Click Hotfix Download Available.
- Click I Accept to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Show hotfixes for all platforms and languages (1).
- Select 2007 Microsoft Office System.
- Enter your email address in the E-mail and Confirm e-mail fields.
- Enter the security code.
- Click the Request hotfix button.
- Locate and open the email you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the link at the bottom of the email and save the 397965_intl_i386_zip.exe file to your Windows Desktop.
- Double-click the 397965_intl_i386_zip.exe file on your Windows Desktop.
- Click Run on the Open File - Security Warning window.
- Click Continue on the Microsoft Self-Extractor window.
- Click the button and select Desktop.
- Click Ok.
- Click Ok on the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to prompt.
- Click Ok on the All files have been successfully unzipped prompt.
- Double-click the office-kb976477-fullfile-x86-glb.exe file on your Windows Desktop to open the Hotfix for Office (KB976477) window.
- Select the Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms check box.
- Click Continue.
Note: The page displays the Running update detection, please wait message after you click Continue.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the update.
Note: You may need to reboot your computer at the end of the update process.